Wednesday 13 July 2016

gut microbes

How does one treat themselves well whilst on treatment? 

I read various articles about the human body and mind, some make sense to me and fit in with my current paradigm of thinking so I adopt the ideology as 'truth'. Examples of this are; gut bacteria theories, power of belief theories, you are what you eat theories, anti-vaccine theories, meditation, rest, satisfaction in life etc etc...but I sometimes read opposite beliefs to my own with interest, wondering what it is that has led me down my particular belief system...

Take gut bacteria, now there is a wealth of research into fermented foods and supplementing with so called good bacterias. You can buy probiotics as supplements to support re populating the gut but really every time we eat fruit and vegetables from the garden we are gaining microbes that inform our guts about our natural environment.



interesting articles about health & gut microbes

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/grp/2010/453563/

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/healthy_aging/healthy_body/the-brain-gut-connection


https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201404/the-gut-brain-connection-mental-illness-and-disease

I love eating sauerkraut and luckily live with a man who loves to make it, so we have cabbages growing in the garden and various glass jars with differing stages of production around the house....the glass jar situation does my head in as I am not allowed to chuck out any at all and we have a surplus but its a small price to pay for health gut microbes....or is it? 
Or will eating enough sauerkraut sort all my stresses out?

Looking after diet is important eating fresh, vibrant foods is going to impact positively on general wellbeing and health, but when one is tired and lethagic, who wants to cook? I have found that even making a smoothie can be simply too taxing and a pitta stuffed with salad leaves is about the best I can ' be bothered' to to at some points....other days I can spend ages on the best salad in the world, organic juices and lush nutritional vibes...today I have had stone baked eaten pizza. home made lemon cake, sushi, bone broth veg soup and protein bars....because that is what happened today...I now feel super stuffed and even more lethargic so tomorrow I promise myself to make a smoothie and eat a big lush home grown salad.....

I found this info on a forum -


Hepatitis C viraemia is carbohydrate-dependent because the virus piggy-backs on triglyceride assembly and VLDL exocytosis. This makes a very low carbohydrate diet an effective way to control HCV viraemia, HCV-associated autoimmune syndromes, and steatosis. HCV cell entry is via LDL-receptor complex, therefore diets intended to lower LDL via upregulation of the LDL-receptor by restricting saturated fat and increasing polyunsaturated fat will increase hepatocellular infection. 

So makes sense to eat less pizza and cake I guess....or just more sauerkraut on the side?

No comments:

Post a Comment